APPLY: 2014-15 Google Anita Borg Scholarship for Female Students
The Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship calls for applications from female students studying computer science at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa who would like to learn more about Google and the latest trends and advancements in technology for its 2014/2015 academic year. Applicants must be interested in connecting with peers from all over Europe, Middle East and Africa at a networking retreat in one of our Google offices.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance, leadership experience and demonstrated passion for computer science. A group of female bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD student finalists will be chosen from the applicant pool.
Worth of Awards
- Scholarship recipients will receive €7,000 (or equivalent) and all recipients and finalists will be invited to attend our annual Scholars’ Retreat
- In June 2013, all scholarship recipients and finalists will be invited to visit a Google office in Europe for a networking retreat. It will include workshops with a series of speakers, panels, breakout sessions and social activities, and will provide an opportunity for all finalists to meet and share their experiences.
- Be a female student enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD program (or equivalent) for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Be enrolled at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa. Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field.
- Maintain an excellent academic record.
Deadline: 17th February, 2014, 17:00 GMT.
To apply and for more information visit here