What’s the purpose of living a Christian lifestyle? Choosing to make Jesus Christ the Lord of our life changes our lifestyle dramatically. Friendships, activities, and even health issues receive careful evaluation. While we formulate reasons for the way we live our Christian lives, God’s purpose for our lives never changes.
- To remain connected to God through Jesus Christ (John 15:4–8). A life that’s cut off from God withers and dies — physically as well as spiritually. God desires to reproduce His Son’s life through our fruitfulness.
- To remain faithful through persecution and to resist false doctrine (2 Timothy 3:12–17). The apostle Paul expected situations to become worse as worldly pressures increased. Our testimony and knowledge of the Scriptures arm us against any deceivers or deceptive ideals.
- To present the Good News to a lost world (Mark 16:15-16; 1 Timothy 6:12) Like an athlete or soldier, we present our best efforts to further the faith. Our transformed lives compel us to share the Gospel’s impact not just for our “today,” but for our eternity.
Christian Lifestyle – Rules
Are there specific guidelines that constitute a Christian lifestyle? From theologian to theologian, any “lifestyle” list would differ. Drinking, movies, music, dancing, politics, fashion, education . . . to what degree do we shape our choices so we maintain a Christian lifestyle? “Do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do . . .” (Romans 12:2). For one year A.J. Jacobs attempted to obey more than 700 rules and prohibitions found in the Bible. At the end of one year he confessed, “I started the year as an agnostic, and now I am a reverent agnostic.” A Christian lifestyle should never become a list of rules. We must take our attention off mandates and focus on the Man. To paraphrase, “What did Jesus do?”
- Communicated continually with God (Matthew 11:25-26; Mark 6:46, 14:32)
- Acknowledged the significance of the Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17, 26)
- Obeyed the will of His Heavenly Father (Luke 22:42; John 6:38-39)
- Resisted temptation by steadfastness to the Word of God (Luke 4:1-13)
- Reached out to those considered hopeless and sinners (Mark 2:15-16; Luke 19:5-9)
- Served others, humbling Himself before His Heavenly Father (John 13:3-5, 12-15)
- Persevered in faith and love (John 4:34, John 9:4; John 17:23)
Christian Lifestyle – Inside Out
What are the outward and inward evidence of a Christian lifestyle? You can present an outward appearance of holiness daily and still serve as a poor Christian witness (Matthew 23:27-28). To live as a Christian requires having the character of Christ. A transformation must occur, as a result of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling (Galatians 5:24-25).
When we truly practice a Christian lifestyle, the inward evidence becomes obvious. God’s glory and power pours out upon all those around us. Our faith in the midst of turmoil flows from a heart given to a loving Father. Every breath carries words of compassion and affirmation to a hurting world. Those who live the Christian lifestyle live a confident life on the inside and outside.
“This High Priest [Jesus Christ] of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it” (Hebrews 4:15-16).
Christian Living – Valuable Resources
For some valuable resources on Christian living, I recommend you visit GOFAMINT BOOKSHOP today. They have a tremendous selection of Christian Living. Contact: GOFAMINT International Center, Ojoo, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
It is your TIME to SHINE! Attend
Hour Of Salvation And Miracle (HOSAM-March Edition).
Is our monthly vigil that hold every second Friday of the month.
Morning Session 9am – 12pm
Evening Session 10pm – 5:30am (all night)
GOFAMINT Conference Center,
Gospel Town, Igbo Oloyin.
Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Prepare to come, invite others and experience His goodness and Power of His grace!
Please click the link Victory Month Prayer Bulletin 2011 or copy and past this address to download your copy https://gofamint.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/prayer-buletin-2011.pdf
God bless YOU!
2010 Victory month bulletin is now available here: prayer buletin 2010 or copy and paste this link on your browser. https://gofamint.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/prayer-buletin-2010.pdf.
God bless YOU!